Conscientization is defined as “learning to perceive social, political, and economic contradictions, and to take action against the oppressive elements of reality.” 1 Conscientization 101 web magazine was created to serve as a repository which offers essential resources for people to engage in the process of conscientization. This repository includes the following elements:
- Articles: Articles are published on Wednesdays. Articles are broken down by three different categories: “Analysis”, “Musical Commentaries”, and “News.” “Musical Commentaries” are articles set to originally produced music and are available in the Conscientization 101 Store.
- Podcast: Conscientization 101 podcast is a 1-hr, bi-weekly (Wednesdays) production available for subscription in iTunes and Android. The podcast features excerpts of our “Unabridged Interviews” which are available in the Conscientization 101 Store.
- Videos: The videos featured in Conscientization 101 web magazine were meticulously chosen to solidify the process of conscientization.
- Library: The library includes books the editors have read and recommend as fundamental to your conscientization.
- Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed, 30th Anniversary Edition, trans. Myra Bergman Ramos (New York: Continuum International Publishing Group Inc., 2000), 35) ↩