We continue with our digitally re-mastered presentation titled Dr. Amos Wilson on Feel Good History Part 2 of 3, from our Ideopraxis Series!!!
In this episode Dr. Wilson will be discussing the following:
- Social fiction of individualism
- Culture and Identity
- Why multicultural (assimilation) education must be rejected for African-Centered education, and much more!
Ideopraxis, a term coined by renowned African scholar & author Ayi Kwei Armah, means “the translation of ideas systematically embraced into structured behavior and lifestyle. Ideopraxis is the yardstick that separates revolutionary performers from phonies” (Remembering The Dismembered Continent, pg 75-76). With this term in mind, we created our Ideopraxis Series.
Conscientization 101’s Ideopraxis Series is an extension of the tracks we produced for our FREE GIFT musical commentaries featuring Dr. Marimba Ani, Dr. Amos Wilson, and Dr. John Henrik Clarke. These podcast episodes include lectures we have curated and digitally re-mastered from each of these African scholars in order to preserve these critical insights and analysis.
This episode features music from:
- Conscientization 101- “Decolonize This? Properly Defining Settlers – Part 1” from our Musical Commentaries collection
- Wise Intelligent – “Fuck U” from his album TheBlueKluxKlan
- Raggo Zulu Rebel – “Fire Bun ft. Nikz Natty Lightning” from his album The Return of Jah Messenger
Books by Brother Amos in the Conscientization 101 Library include Black-On-Black Violence: The Psychodynamics of Black Self-Annihilation in Service of White Domination, Afrikan-Centered Consciousness Versus the New World Order: Garveyism in the Age of Globalism, and Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political, and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century.